Join the National Stage Company of Canada
Each June, The National Stage Company of Canada, invites a select group of qualified candidates to audition to become
company members. At present, there are 20 full-time artists on contract.
The N.S.C.C. prides itself on providing each of its artists with an excellent opportunity to be part of a professional company that
produces high-quality productions and enhance the theatrical aspirations and levels of experience and skills in a safe,
supportive, and inclusive environment.
Each term of engagement is one-year in length and commences at the start of September.
To be invited to become a company member, applicants must possess strong acting, dance, and singing abilities, and have at
least 2 years of direct performance experience with a community-based theatre organization.
*Auditions for 2021/22 company contracts are by invitation only.
To be considered please send applications to:
Attention: Managing Artistic Producer
Subject Line: Company Audition
Upon receiving your submission the company will review each application to determine whether or not you are a good fit for the
company. Should you be successful, a representative of the company will contact you within 7 business days in order to extend
a formal invitation to attend an in-person audition.
The National Stage Company of Canada welcomes applicants from all parts of the world, however we kindly ask that you not
make any immediate travel arrangements unless, and until such time, as you have been formally invited to attend an audition
by the Managing Artistic Producer.
Your application will not be processed unless all the required documents, photos and video links have been submitted.
Contract Dates: Begin September 2021, start date TBC, and conclude June 2022.
Applications for the 2021/22 season will be accepted from September 1st, 2020 to May 1st, 2020.
There are currently 6 positions available. Each applicant must provide the following material by email in order to be considered:
- Professional Headshot
- CV (.pdf / .doc / .docx) that includes your email address, postal address, height, date of birth, citizenship, training, and
- performance experience.
- Video link (YouTube or Vimeo) that includes the following:
- Introductory slate with name, age, and location.
- Minimum 36 bars of music that highlights your vocal range.
- A Musical Theatre selection is highly recommended however, other song styles that show your vocal strengths will also be accepted.
- One-two minute monologue (drama and/or comedy)
- One-two minute dance routine consisting of the following, and performed in appropriate dance attire and in either jazz shoes and/or character shoes.
- A short musical theatre piece
- A short contemporary or lyrical piece that illustrates the applicant’s range of movement that is different than that which was demonstrated in the musical theatre piece.
The N.S.C.C. encourages submissions from all qualified performers, and prides itself on having an environment of equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Artists from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply for auditions without regard to age, disability, ethno-cultural identity, gender or any other basis prohibited by law. All artists are invited to remove measurements and physical features from the resume.