We offer opportunities in many areas of our organization including:
- Assisting with Special Events, Receptions and Red-Carpet Gala Fundraisers
- Handing out of playbills at performances
- Overseeing lobby displays
- Distribution of posters, flyers, brochures in and around the city
- Assisting with promotional photo and video shoots
- Chaperoning our young artists backstage during performances
- Acting as a Personal Assistant to special guest stars while in the city
- Coordination of auction items for fundraisers
- Ushering of guests at select performances
- Ticket ripping and answering inquiries from guests
- Confectionary sales at select performances*Assisting with group bookings
- Merchandise sales at performances and with our online shop
- Management of the NSCC wardrobe shop
- Assisting with pre-show set up and post-show changeover
Volunteering With the N.S.C.C.
When you volunteer with The National Stage Company of Canada, you become part of our family and an integral part of making our quality productions possible. We are committed to providing you with a volunteer experience in which you will have fun, learn something new, and know that your time, energy, talents, and leadership are appreciated.
Volunteering at the NSCC is an excellent way to meet people, learn new skills, and become involved in the local theatre, arts, and not-for-profit community. We have several volunteer positions available throughout the year. No experience necessary, just an eagerness to be involved.
- Contributing to your community in a positive way
- Meeting new people
- Experiencing local theatre
- Building up your resume and networking
- Complimentary tickets to productions
- Letters of reference)
AGE LIMIT: For the safety of everyone involved, ALL USHERS MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER and demonstrate effective customer service skills. The NSCC relies on ushers in emergency situations and strives to have the safest experience possible.
CRC/VSC: For the safety of children engaged by the NSCC, please note that all volunteers must agree to a Criminal/Vulnerable Sector Background Check. Cost for this is covered by The National Stage Company of Canada. CRC documents MUST be provided 3 weeks prior to being placed as a volunteer. Absolutely no exceptions.
Applications from all interested candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available on request for volunteer candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To request a volunteer form please email email@example.com